Your Privacy Is Important To Us
Protecting the trust of customers and any personal information you provide to us is very important to BonaFide Fitness (“Bonafide.”). Bonafide is committed to protecting your privacy in all your dealings with us. Bonafide is bound by the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and any other relevant privacy legislation.
This Policy outlines how your personal information is treated and forms part of our terms and conditions. This policy explains:
- what information we collect
- how we collect your information
- how we use your information
- how and with whom we share your information
- how long we keep your information and how it is stored
- how we secure your personal information
- our approach to sensitive personal information
- the rights you may have in relation to your personal information
- how we communicate changes to this Policy
This Site is operated by Bonafide Fitness. For the purposes of applicable data protection laws, BonaFide is the controller of the personal information collected.
The types of personal information we collect
The personal information we collect may include:
- your name, contact details, billing and delivery details
- details, such as gender and date of birth, as supplied by you
- history of your entry into BonaFide promotions over time
- history of your past purchases from BonaFide over time
- other information supplied by you – including, but not limited to photos or videos, in response to direct questions asked or when you rate and review a BonaFide product, or when you engage with us through any social media channels
How do we collect information from you?
- Information we collect when you visit the BonaFide website (“Site”)
We will collect personal information that you provide to us when you:
- create an account on our Site
- place an order through our Site
- fill in forms on our Site, for example to leave feedback, enter a competition or respond to a survey; rate and review products with or without photos and/or videos
- subscribe to our mailing list
We will also collect certain information automatically when you visit our Site, in particular:
- we record details of the resources that you access to visit our site (for example, URL addresses, traffic data etc.)
- we record information about the type of device you have used to visit our Site, your device settings and the cause of any system errors. Your device manufacturer or operating system provider will have further details on what information your device makes available
- Information we collect when you contact us
- We will collect personal information about you when you contact us by telephone, email, or via social media, or when your supply feedback or ratings and reviews.
- You may be able to apply for a job with us through our Site, in-store or through third party websites such as LinkedIn or recruitment companies.
How we use your information
We will use your information in the following ways –
- For the performance of a contract between you and us:
- to provide you with an account on our Site, if you choose to sign up for one
- to fulfil any order that you place with us
- to collect payment from you
- to provide you with a receipt, if you ask us to send this to you electronically
- to protect and defend our legal rights and interests
- Where we have a legitimate interest in using your personal information:
- to administer and monitor our Site, including to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device and to allow you to participate in interactive features when you choose to
- to analyse any feedback that you provide on our services and to improve our services
- to administer competitions that you have entered
- to review and assess any job application that you submit to us
- If you have consented to receive marketing information from us, we may use your information in the following ways:
- we will process details of your previous transactions and contact you by email with information about goods and services similar to the merchandise you have purchased (however we never store your payment details)
- if you have consented to us doing so, we will share your information internally within BonaFide in order to send you tailored offers or other information we believe will be of interest
- if you provide your mobile telephone number and if you have consented for us to do so, we may contact you with marketing messages which have been tailored to match your preferences
You have the option to unsubscribe from our e-mails through a link at the bottom of every email we send to you.
If you do not supply the personal information we request from you, we may not be able to complete your transaction, deliver your purchases, provide you with the information you have requested, accept your entry into any promotion or competition, or consider your job application.
How and with whom we share your information
- We share your information with our core service providers and third party platforms as required for our business to function who assist us with fulfilling deliveries and the third parties we engage to provide IT systems support. Some of these service providers and third parties may have servers, or are located in countries other than Australia.
- Your information may be processed by a third party in order to maintain the functionality of our website and database.
- Whilst you are a member of our mailing list we may share your information with trusted non-core service providers, such as marketing partners we have carefully selected to deliver incentives to participate in offers, polls, surveys, analysis or research, all of which assist us in enhancing our services. They are not permitted to use your information after you unsubscribe.
- We also use services offered by Google, Facebook, Instagram and other similar social media platforms to better tailor our marketing communications and for targeted advertising. As part of this process, some personal information, such as your email address, is provided to the relevant third party, however for security purposes this data is “hashed” prior to being shared. Hashing is a process of identity masking or “pseudonymisation” which means we do not disclose your email but are able to link your social media presence and our website. Your personal information may be transmitted to countries outside of Australia and the European Economic Area.
How long we keep your information
We retain the information you provide for the following periods:
- for as long as you subscribe to receive marketing information
- in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reports and trend analysis
- for as long as BonaFide is otherwise required to retain it by law
How we store your information
Your information may be processed by our employees or by the employees of our service providers or third parties, to the extent necessary to fulfil your order.
Where we have given you a password (or where you have chosen one) to access certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share a password with anyone.
How we secure your personal information
BonaFide stores and holds Information electronically and/or in hard copy. We will take reasonable steps to store and hold your personal information in a secure and restricted manner and to protect your personal information from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access to your personal information is limited to those individuals who require such access in order to perform their duties and responsibilities. Any personal information held by a third party storage provider is done so under strict contractual obligations of confidentiality and non-disclosure.
BonaFide has the necessary technical and organisational security measures in place, as are appropriate, and these security measures ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk that may arise in the processing of your personal information.
Sensitive personal information from our customers
We do not seek to collect sensitive personal information (i.e. information relating to race or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, trade union membership, physical or mental health, sexual orientation or criminal records). We ask that you do not provide such information to us.
Rights you may have
BonaFide will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information up-to-date, complete and accurate and may, from time to time, ask you to update your details. However we encourage you to update your own details as often as possible. To do this, simply use the login prompt at the top of the homepage of our Site, to login to your account and update your details under the “My Information” section.
You may have certain rights in relation to personal information that we hold about you. These include the right to request access to your personal information, to request that it is erased, that its processing is restricted, or that any inaccurate personal information is rectified. You may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information (i.e. withdrawing your consent, which you can do at any time), or in some circumstances to obtain a copy of the personal information in a machine readable format (we may ask for proof of identification before supplying you with the personal information). If we deny access to your personal information, we will tell you why. You also have the right to complain about the use of your personal information to the relevant Data Protection Authority.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy, and if the changes are significant, we may provide you with additional notice such as adding a statement to the homepage of the Site or sending you an email with the update.
Please check this Policy regularly to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy.
If you have any questions about the Policy and practices of this Site you can contact us at BonaFide.firstname.lastname@example.org